The Starfish Canada’s Top 25 Environmentalists Under 25 program recognizes and rewards young Canadian leaders creating positive environmental change in their local communities. By showcasing these individuals, we hope to inspire other Canadian youth to become leaders in their local communities.It’s our fifth year and our prizes are bigger and better than ever.
GRAND PRIZE: A trip for two to Whitehorse, Yukon!
- A round-trip flight for two to Whitehorse and accommodations;
- A ½ day mountain biking lesson and rental;
- A full day canoe/kayak rental and self-guided tour;
- Two passes to Takhini Hot Springs;
- Admission for two for a guided tour at the Yukon Wildlife Preserve;
- Lunch and coffee at Bean North Coffee Roastings.
*The Starfish Canada is committed to providing an accessible grand prize. We will do our best to adapt our grand prize to fit any physical, financial, and/or emotional accessibility needs.
TOP PRIZE - TORONTO: A guaranteed spot at MEC’s Outdoor Nation in Toronto, ON (June 27-28 2015).
TOP PRIZE - MONTREAL: A guaranteed spot at MEC’s Outdoor Nation in Montreal, QC (May 16-17 2015).
Other prizes include:
- $200 gift card to Mountain Equipment Co-Op;
- Free registration and 100 minutes of driving time from car2go;
- Tzeporah Berman’s book “This Crazy Time: Living Our Environmental Challenge”
The Starfish Canada's Top 25 Environmentalists Under 25 Magazine showcases the 25 finalists from 2014 with longer articles, new pictures, and captivating stories from across Canada.
Past recipients include scientists, gardeners, outdoor recreationists, entrepreneurs who initiated green businesses, and volunteers who sit on the Board of Directors for local non-profit groups.
To see all past recipients, purchase a copy of our Top 25 Environmentalists Under 25 magazine.